Montag, 16. Mai 2016

Bildergebnis für john toshack

The Ice Saints are gone and the summer is still not in sight. In Germany and other parts of continental Europe it is a popular belief that in a period of May the last days of night frost is falling on the feast days of certain saints and after these days summer will appear. Now it's Whitsuntide and looking out of the window I can only see rain and cold outside. Like many others I have enough of the cold and wet days and looking forward to brighter days. Otherwise you weren't led to outdoor activities and you have time to read a good book or listen to your music.

Cavern Of Anti-Matter are a Berlin based krautrock-inspired band featuring Tim Gane and Joe Dilworth both from Stereolab. A few months ago they released their latest record and now I got the time to listen to it closely. There sound is based on the synths of Holger Zapf. He prepared the ground for guitars and drums. It is psychedelic, krautrock and modern. Of course they learned by Can, Neu and Kraftwerk - but this weren't the worst teachers.


4 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

The weather here is slightly less miserable than yours sounds Walter, though we are due more rain later in the week.
I enjoyed the Cavern of Anti Matter LP a lot and 'Tardis Cymbals' is one of its highlights.

Walter hat gesagt…

Seems like I'm not alone with rainy weather, Swede. And yes TC is a highlight and the reason I featured it today.

TheRobster hat gesagt…

It's lovely here in South Wales. Horrible thunder storms early last week, but we've now had four - yes four! - consecutive days of dry, sunny weather! Surely it cannot last...

Another nice pic there today Walter. May I ask who you'll be cheering for on Wednesday night?

Walter hat gesagt…

Liverpool FC of course. Not only because of their German manager. The first time I came in contact with English football was when my Dad told me the story of the European champions quarter-final 1965. Liverpool and Cologne made two games and both ended 0:0. Former rules said that there must be a final game on neutral ground. Both teams met in Rotterdam and after another 120 minutes the final result was 2:2. In these days no penalties was shot. No the winner was determined by throwing a coin. Even this brought no winner on the first time because the coin remained to stuck in the mud. After the second throw Liverpool was in the next round. This story about two fighting teams followed me through my life and Liverpool captured a young boys heart. And I never lost that feeling again. So go on Liverpool - I want to see you next year in Euroleague again.