Dienstag, 17. Mai 2016

First Steps

Bildergebnis für 1000

This is post number 1.000 and almost 200.000 visitors today. A couple of years ago I searched and visited a lot of music blogs and some day the idea grown up to do like that on my own. Before I opened this blog I was a little afraid I someone will understand what I was posting and if my English will be good enough to communicate with someone. After the first 50 posts I get rid of this fears and walked the way you might know. Retrospective I have to say that it was a very good decision to start this blog. Sometimes it was hard to continue but all your comments are keeping me going keeping on. And not least I found some mates who are addicted to music like I am. Not every day on the same common you all inspired me a lot. I won't miss you in further days. Thank you all for visiting this site and I hope we will go on with this fucking crazy communication.

Have a good time.

These were my first words back in September 2012:

Hi there,

these are my first steps as a blogger. Please have some indulgence, that some things will not grammatically perfectly reproduced. After a busy week I relax with the creation of this blog. The name of the blog is inspired by Jeb Loy Nichols former Band the Fellow Travellers. It was there second record published in 1992. I still remember their gig in Stuttgart on an incredible hot Sunday evening. There were only two dozen people watching the concert but the band did a very good job. I can't remember any other concert being that peaceful and relaxed.


8 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Happy Anniversary Walter, a terrific milestone. Music is a universal language so whatever barriers you may have felt there were when you started are there no longer.

You may be interested to know that I have just booked tickets to see Le Butcherettes, a band I only discovered through you posting about them here a short while back. Consider me inspired by your choice!

The Swede hat gesagt…

Congratulations on reaching this milestone Walter. I've only discovered your blog comparatively recently, yet already some of the great discoveries I've made here have cost me a few ££££'s, so you're obviously spreading the word successfully! Here's to the next 1000 posts!

Dirk hat gesagt…

Happy anniversary, my friend, in my books it is a great achievement to keep up posting on a daily basis: I never would be able to do it!! A shame though that boxnet - downloads only work occasionally from your site, 'cos the stuff you post sounds very fine most of the times and I would be curious to find out more from those unknown bands you write about so enthusiastically!

drew hat gesagt…

Well done Walter and I raise a glass to the next thousand. Don't worry about your English it is way better than my German and I suspect a lot of others who stop by apart from Dirk of course.

Brian hat gesagt…

Congratulations, Walter. All of us dedicated readers thank you for the work you put into your blog. Your passion bleeds through any language barriers, and I think we all marvel at anyone who can make a go of it in a foreign language. I have enough issues with my mother tongue! Looking forward to many more posts from you.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Congratulations Walter- keep going and don't worry about your English- you write better than many native speakers.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Well done Walter - one of my daily port of calls.Keep up the good work

Walter hat gesagt…

Thank you mates for all your warm words. I will keep on keeping on with this blog and be sure you'll find some gems in the future.

@Dirk: I am looking for another possibility for download options in the future because I am not satisfied with box anymore.