Freitag, 13. Mai 2016

It's A Small Line Between Indie-Rock and Power Pop

Bildergebnis für Kenny Dalglish

During the last days I rediscovered Pete and the Pirates, an Indie-rock band from Reading. They released their first full length album Little Death in 2008. It is pure fun listening to the music they made years ago. NME named their music perfect pop without pretence. For me it is a perfect combination of new-wave ingredients, classic British rock and Power Pop at it's best moments. I think you should listen to this song driving in an open sports car hiding to sundown.

Pete and the Pirates - Ill Love
Pete and the Pirates - Knots
Pete and the Pirates - Bright Lights

3 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

KING KENNY! You beauty! Top post Walter, for the pic alone!
Pete & the Pirates' second (and final) album '1000 Pictures' is the better one, in my opinion. I've featured a couple of its songs over at my place. Check out Come To The Bar and Half Moon Street in particular.

Dirk hat gesagt…

I'm afraid I have to listen to it in a six-year old Citroen C1 with a roof I can't open instead. Also it will be pouring with rain most probably, but I'll have the window down nevertheless!

The Swede hat gesagt…

Pete & the Pirates and Teleman - both great pop bands.