Dienstag, 31. Mai 2016

Moon

Bildergebnis für beth orton

I always liked the voice of Beth Orton and a many of their songs. As long as I know her she made her very own mixture of folk and electronica. During the last years she made collaborations with Red Snapper and Chemical Brothers and these song have an own kind of magic. Now Beth released a new record and it is much more based in club music than before. On this record for me it is like she has one finger on the acoustic string and the other on the loops. Very clearly, very much focused and emphasised the songs romp about between blustering Tribal beats, vague D'n'B clicks and Orton's inimitable voice. Another music for late at the evening.

Beth Orton - Moon

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Beth played a live 6Music session recently and was very good. I saw her in concert several times around the release of her first couple of albums in the late 1990's, but she drifted off my radar a bit after that. She's playing locally in September, hopefully I'll catch up with her again then.