Montag, 23. Mai 2016

September Girls

Bildergebnis für september girls

It is not too bad when you name your band by a song from Big Star. And if you sound like a noisy version of British independent music it is much better. This five piece Dublin based band released a few weeks ago a record that could be great when it was released 30 years ago. It's an euphoric guitar/organ based sound with voices deep in the tradition of the well known punk sisters. To describe them in a simple way I would name them the nowadays guitar based Bangles.



3 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Guitar based Bangles - now that sounds worth checking iut

TheRobster hat gesagt…

I think you may have featured this band before (if not you, then another of our friends) which is how I first heard of them. I've since bought their latest album and it's one of my faves of the year so far. Really in keeping with the psych sound that's doing the rounds right now.

Walter hat gesagt…

I checked out my list and it wasn't me promoting September Girls. But you're right Robster, it is a highlight in this year.