Dienstag, 24. Mai 2016

Loop

Bildergebnis für loop band

John Peel invited Loop for several sessions between 1987 and 1991. Loop was a band formed in Croydon in the late 80's and made a guitar dominated space rock influenced independent sound. It is a band that was almost forgotten and it was the same to me until I found the record in my collection a few days ago. They sounded a bit like Spaceman 3 with their harsh fuzz-laden, pulsing guitar riffs, monotonous vocals and distinctive drum patterns to built their unique soundscape. They were also influenced by German Krautrock and Detroit rock. Once more a band I am glad to rediscovered again.

Loop - Straight To Your Heart
Loop - Rocket USA
Loop - Collision

2 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

I rediscovered Loop last year for some reason. The shoegaze revival has brought a lot of stuff from this era back to my attention. The put out a new EP last year, their first release in absolutely ages. Decent stuff, too.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Loop had a few good tunes didn't they.