Mittwoch, 28. August 2024

Music For Houseworks

 


I have already mentioned several times that I am not a big fan of radio programmes. But from time to time I treat myself to this to make some housework more bearable.  Recently, an Austrian radio station ran a long feature about new female groups. I was amazed at how many new bands there were that needed to be talked about.

First of them are eat-girls, a post-punk band from Lyon, France. Their sound embraces pop, post-punk, kraut, minimal synths and some dub and their vocals remind me Kim Gordon, Flying Lizards and a bit of Siouxie. 3 Omens has also a hypnotic beat that you cannot escape. Chapeau.


Girlband! are a three piece female band from Nottingham and shows some rebellious girls. Starting their alternative rock as another DIY-band, playing at private house concerts until the police came and stopped them. Nothing more than another Courtney Love inspired music but fresh, charming and on a high indie-pop niveau.



Keine Kommentare: