Donnerstag, 15. August 2024

We Have Donuts

 


Back in 2016 I was lucky enough to see Ryley Walker live in a small venue in a town a few miles away from my hometown. Walker was the one that brought back the the late 60's/early 70's when singer/songwriter explored the boundaries of folk music and at times crossed them. His music remind me of the best moments of Nick Drake or Tim Buckley and the way he plays the guitar reminds me of Bert Jansch. His songs are mostly in acoustic guitar territory, but he can incorporate both psychedelic and jazz elements. I prefer the acoustic songs where he can show what an exceptional guitarist he is. In the last few days he has released Bozo In Big Smoke a live album that reflects the mood and very well.

1 Kommentar:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

Thanks for the tip-off Walter. I also saw him about the same time as you at a small venue near me. He is playing there again next month but it had already sold out by I time a heard about it unfortunately.