Dienstag, 13. August 2024

Reset Goes Mariachi

 


How great an album is is often shown by how the individual songs are developed. Sonic Boom and Panda Bear released Reset exactly two years ago, for me one of the best records of this year. Since then they released a remix of this album and a dub version as well. Both great in their ways. Now they surprised with a release of two songs in mariachi versions. They translated two songs into Spanish and re-recorded them in Mexico with a local mariachi band. The result are two new songs for me. Of course the songs are based on the originals but the instrumentation with guitars, trumpets and violins have completely turned the basic orientation on its head. I have to admit that I love the mariachi sound from time to time and so I can't say anything bad about these versions. Viva.

Keine Kommentare: