Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2017

Pumarosa

Bildergebnis für pomarosa fruit

Another new band was introduced on Austrian radio station a few days ago. Pumarosa is named by a South American fruit and the word stands for 'rose apple'. This London based band was formed by Isabel Munoz-Newsome a few years ago and they call their sound 'industrial spiritual' and I have to admit that I had no idea what they sound like. All the songs are dominated by the voice of Munoz-Newsome, something between Siouxie Sioux, Savages' Jenny Beth and Kate Bush. I can  hear a lot of influences of post-punk and shoegaze in their sound and it is a pleasure listen to them. 

Today is ascension day and it's a bank holiday at my place. Most of the people celebrate this day as father's day. A lot of young people will charge their handcart with beer and a bluetooth equipment wandering around the open landscape. Me I will go and meet a couple of friends later this day for hanging around in one of our beergardens.




3 Kommentare:

C hat gesagt…

Thanks Walter, Pumarosa were on our TV this week (Later with Jools Holland) and I watched it last night. They really stood out to me and I thought I must investigate them more, so it's great to listen to them again here this morning! Really like their sound.

The Swede hat gesagt…

I got a couple of very good tunes by Pumarosa last year, 'Priestess' and 'Cecile', but having heard nothing about them since, had all but forgotten them - thanks for the reminder Walter!

drew hat gesagt…

Good stuff Walter. Like Swede I bought Priestess a couple of years ago but forgot all about them.