Montag, 22. Mai 2017

Another Year Is Gone

Bildergebnis für 58

Probably all of you know how it feels when the calender shows that this day is your birthday. Another year older and closer to retirement. And every year I ask myself the questions: where is the last year's gone? Are you really that age? I know time is passing quickly and the more you work and the more you go your way (for me keep going on watching football, listen to music and meeting friends regulary) time slips through your fingers. When I remember the Glasgow days almost two weeks ago it feels like it was yesterday. And for the second question I don't feel that old. I am in a good shape and able to have fun. So my life is not too bad at all and it doesn't matter any age. For example: There is a guy who is born at the same day in the same year as me and do you really think Morrissey is an old man. So I will raise my glass and salute him. Happy birthday Moz.


Born in 1954, on this day, Jerry Dammers, founding member and keyboard player of The Specials is to named at this place.

The Specials - Ghost Town (12 inch)

Long time co-writer of Elton John, Bernie Taupin was also born on this day in 1950. Together they wrote many timeless songs that fit perfectly to other artists.

Rod Stewart - Country Comfort

Jesse Valenzuela from the Gin Blossoms was born in 1962.


At least the oldest one I found was Charles Aznavour a French singer, actor, political activist and diplomat born in 1924. His song about his wife that let oneself go is still a favourite of mine.

11 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Penblwydd Hapus, Walter.

Dirk hat gesagt…

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Walter, und alles Gute für's neue Lebensjahr!

George hat gesagt…

Boa ano, Walter.

drew hat gesagt…

All the best Walter. Lang may yer lum reek.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Many happy returns old chap. It was decent of your football team to provide you with a perfect gift.

Rol hat gesagt…

Happy birthday, Walter - you seem to share it with some illustrious company! Hope you have a good one.

Brian hat gesagt…

You raise your glass to Moz. I'll raise it to you.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Happy birthday to you Walter and many of them

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Many happy returns Walter.

Echorich hat gesagt…

Happy Birthday Walter!

Walter hat gesagt…

Thank you all for your Kind words.