Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2017

Call The Police

Bildergebnis für lcd soundsystem call the police

Almost six years ago James Murphy announced the breakup of LCD Soundsystem. Now a few songs from his comeback-album was released a few days ago. Call The Police shows that they unlearned anything since then. It is a big anthem and borrows liberally from the melody of New Order's Procession and the swirling guitars of Brian Eno's St. Elmo's Fire. And it is solid base to built a song that shows LCD Soundsystem back on their own high level.


2 Kommentare:

Rol hat gesagt…

Like that a lot and I'm looking forward to the album. Reminds me of something... but it's neither of the things you suggest. I'll be scratching my head about that for awhile...

Anonym hat gesagt…

I am sure that over the next few weeks, someone will reveal exactly what this tune is identical to!

I'm a little worried that in places it was so anthemic that it reminded me of U2. But this will sound great coimg out of big speakers at high volume.