Dienstag, 23. Juni 2020

Purchased Because Of The Cover

Rod Stewart - Gasoline Alley | Veröffentlichungen | Discogs

50 years ago Rod Stewart released his second solo album Gasoline Alley and impressed me very much. It was one of the first albums I purchased by my own money and at these times I had a huge affection to British blues singers. I listened to Rod Stewart and Joe Cocker many hours and that stamped me. I loved the broken voices that made me feel that their songs come from their hearts. Years later I learned that it wasn't reality but their songs are still in my heart and a part of my musical education. Gasoline Alley is one of the best singer-songwriter albums of this decade, filled with great songs by other artists and Rod made each like that they were one of his. The cover showing a homeless person on a empty street fits very well to the songs on this album. Confirming to songs about people standing outside the regular ones. It is an album that accompanied me during the last decades and I will always return to this-

Rod Stewart - Country Comforts
Rod Stewart - My Way Of Giving
Rod Stewart - Gasoline Alley

4 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

When Rod was good

The Swede hat gesagt…

Rarely has an artist started out so great, only to fall so far. See also UB40.

John Medd hat gesagt…

In the early 70s the body of work with his name on it (solo and with the Faces) is phenomenal; absolutely phenomenal.

Rol hat gesagt…

That is a great album cover, from a world long gone. Simpler times.