Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020

Best German Love Ballad Ever?

Rio Reiser – laut.de – Band

A day ago I was in the mood to listen to Rio Reiser once again. He was the the head of Germany's first pre-punk band when no one knew punk at all. Ton Steine Scherben raised in Berlin in the left wing squatter scene with anthems like destroy all that destroys you. Simple German rock from the 70's but something to say to young people like me in these days. They played many free concerts and the other merits of their live appearances were stolen by the managers (especially named here is Claudia Roth, now a member of the Bundestag for the Greens). Rio Reiser released his first solo album in the course of the fucking New German Wave movement and got rid of his dept. In these days he maybe wrote the best love songs of this decade. For me he was an exceptionally gifted artist. One who was on the right side and one who could express his emotions in words and music. He died too early for me back in 1996 but I still come back to his songs when the mood is right and I always can get lost in them.

I see for you, hear for you
I lie and I swear for you
I get the blue moon for you
For you and always for you
For ever and you
For you and always for you
All the same as you call me
All the same where you might sleep today
I have lied so often for you
And I still bend to you a rainbow
For you and always for you
Wherever you are



Keine Kommentare: