Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2024

Covered

 



Last week I posted I'm Free a cover version by The Soup Dragons. After this I recognized, that during the years I never featured The Rolling Stones on these pages. To be honest, I thought about it but wasn't sure if I should write about a chapter of their musical history, their best songs, their main influences or something else. Maybe I will find the time for a post in the future. While listening to I'm free, many cover versions of her songs came to my mind. Many are irrelevant and far too close to the original. Others have been radically altered or deconstructed to fit the sound of the performer. Like Devo or Motörhead, for example, who have amplified the driving force of Sympathy for the Devil with minimal means. This is just a small subjective overview of how these songs could have sounded if someone else had written them and should in no way be seen in competition with Rol's fantastic Top Ten.

Enjoy









Keine Kommentare: