Freitag, 26. Juli 2024

Blood On The Moon

 


Sometimes I really got surprised about a collaboration I never thought. Yesterday the news arrived that a new song is out by Alan Vega, who died seven years ago. Blood On The Moon is a collaboration between him and Bobby Gillespie and Roxy's Andy Mackay. I have no further information about this but assume that it was a contribution to a compilation for his 70th birthday almost 20 years ago. Anyway, it shows that Vega's song can work in different kind of styles. This one lifts the song to a techno/house level and Andy Mackey serves some saxophone parts to work in a different direction. A very nice song and worth to be featured at this place.



1 Kommentar:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

I can't shed any light on the track although most likely it is from around the time of the tribute EPs in 2008. But I was at Suicide's last ever gig in 2015 in London and Bobby Gillespie was one of the guests so possibly it was later.