Freitag, 30. Juni 2017

Algiers

Bildergebnis für algiers band


Algiers, a band from Georgia, Atlanta released their second album a few days ago. They were known as a very political band speaking and singing about the things that are necessary in these days. Their sound is a crude mixture of gospel/soul with post punk and industrial. I know this sounds to be impossible but it works on this record. Although they are famous for their live performances I saw them last year and I have to say I was disappointed about them. Most of the time I saw pictures in the background of the famous Black Panther leaders from the late 60's but the music and the show didn't touched me at all. So I was surprised how good their latest album is. Intelligent verses on a sound that has influences of Gil Scott Heron on the one side and the impact of early PIL/Throbbing Gristle. It is like they celebrating a black mess. Definitely one of the best records this year so far.






Keine Kommentare: