Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2016

In Dub

Bildergebnis für jah wobble in dub critics deutsch

Our beloved bass-man released a few days ago a retrospective of his dub works during the last decades. I think that I don't have to say much about him and his musical history. He was one of the few that made a lot of records better than the average when he played the bass. He absorbed many influences - punk, world and jazz in his very unique sound. I listened to this record a lot during the last days. Not every songs is close to me but all in all it shows the continues spectrum of his musical education.

Jah Wobble - Inspector out of Space (Youth Inner Space Dub)
Jah Wobble - Forest Gate Dub
Jah Wobble and Bill Laswell - Alam Dub

2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Wobble played locally last week. Unfortunately I couldn't make it, but friends tell me that he was on good form and particularly entertaining when chatting in-between songs.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

His autobiography put me off him a bit as he came across as trying to be a bit of a geezer
However the one time I saw him live was one of the best gigs I've ever been at