Montag, 1. August 2016

Marked For Death

Bildergebnis für emma ruth rundle marked for death

I found Emma Ruth Rundle's little masterpiece by surfing new sounds. I can remember that she released an album a few years ago but I have to admit that I can't remember any song from it yet. Anyway, this song makes me looking forward to her new album that will be released in September. Marked For Death is one of those songs to me that gives you the premonition that this song will follow you the next days. What ever else you might hear. It is a powerful blues based journey to the darks side. The song starts slow and tender but when she's shouting the chorus who else is going to love someone like you that’s marked for death / who else is going to be with you when you breathe your last / who else is going to take my place and hold and keep you safe/sane / who else is going to stay she replaces the tenderness with spiky guitars and thundering drums. Certainly a good way to start into the week.

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

I like this a great deal Walter. I notice that she also plays with Red Sparowes, who I have some music by. I'll be investigating Emma further, thanks for flagging her up.