Samstag, 18. November 2023

Love In Constant Spectacles




Earlier this week Jane Weaver returned with Love In Constant Spectacles the first single from her new album that will be released next year. Her last album from 2021 Flock was one of the best ones that year and I played it often. I still like this album because because she never commits herself to a single style. From sweet, delicate dream-pop to a funky up-beat song with a krautrock synthesiser to a song clearly inspired by glam-rock, this album offers so much variety that others need several. Above all, her ethereal voice makes each track unique. My expectations were correspondingly high and they were not disappointed. And again, the sound cannot be clearly defined. Dream-pop, chamber-psych or something completely different? I don't want to commit myself here either, except that it is one of the most refreshing songs of the last few weeks. 


 

2 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Commit yourself Walter, you are absolutely right!

Khayem hat gesagt…

Thanks for the heads up, Walter, this is great. On the back of this post, I also see that Jane's touring the UK in 2024 so I hope that I will get to see her live in concert for the first time too.