Mittwoch, 8. November 2023

Garonne Express



It has now been almost a month since the Palestinian terrorist attack on Israel took place. As a German, it is difficult for me to articulate a critical stance on Israel at the moment. Knowing full well that for decades the legitimate demands for a separate state have not been fulfilled in any way. If I express understanding for the rights of the Palestinians, I am labelled a Nazi. If I relativise the whole development in the Middle East, I am not listened to because of our past. I have no idea how this ongoing conflict can be brought to an end that both parties could live with and how I can escape from this dilemma.

I remembered a song I heard a few years ago by Arabian Panther, a French/Lebanese DJ and producer from Toulouse, France. He's an artist that is very close to the Palestine scene and oscillate between downtempo, italo disco, techno and Drum n' Bass. Not knowing if it is political correct to feature this song at these days but it is a good one if you leave all politics behind.

Keine Kommentare: