Donnerstag, 2. November 2023

The Wicker Man

 


50 years ago The Wicker Man, a British movie was released. A crime movie that combined elements of folk-horror and musical. The main actors were Christopher Lee, Britt Ekland and Edward Woodward. I saw them first in the mid 80's by a VHS-copy and has to admit that I was a bit confused about the story and the way the movie was produced. But after all I could enjoy this movie because it was so much different to many other horror movies in this era. During the last weeks I read various features about the 50th anniversary of the movies. The last days I got aware that Bristol's singer/songwriter Katie J. Pearson re-recorded songs from the soundtrack of the movie. I really enjoyed Richard Norris remix of Willow's Song a small dubbed highlight for the rest of the year.

 

Keine Kommentare: