Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2023

Observatoriet


 

Like every year at this time, the last few weeks were marked by a lot of work and the eternal availability for external examiners. There is hardly a day on which I left the office before nine hours and I was correspondingly tired and hardly had the energy to write regular posts for my blog. I was content to come home, drink a glass of red wine and browse through my music collection to relax. In the process, I came across another band that I haven't heard in a while and that I wanted to feature here. Datasal are a Swedish group who have been releasing their songs for several years on the great label Höga Nord Records. The datasal (a classroom for computers) was an ordinary classroom with few changes to fit the school’s 10 newly leased computers. The room represented the change of times in Sweden during this period: the fixed institutions and the awaiting digital flood wave. The sound is built around repetitive sequencer loops and programmed beats where electric bass, electric guitar and flute improvise around a theme, creating a sound that is best described as cosmic flute house. Obsivatoriet was released as an EP exactly one year ago and an overlooked highlight in electronic music and worth to be featured at this little place in internet.

1 Kommentar:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Just think Walter this will be the last year you have to go through this ordeal!