Montag, 30. Oktober 2023

Monday's Long Song

 


Last year Polish duo Jazxing released their debut album Pearls of the Baltic Sea, a homage to 80s electronic classic with massive influences by Saint Etienne and Air but also fragments of New Wave and Dub. I liked what I heard and put it on my list. And to be honest I can't tell they reason why I didn't bought this little beauty and forgot them until I got the news that they released a remix album. Formed by musicians, producers and DJs Jakub Sautycz and Mateusz Filipiuk in their hometown Gdansk they were able to combine all the influences into a full concept that still works. On Vijnana Nottinghams Coyote adds some acoustic instruments to the song and the result is a laid back construct.

1 Kommentar:

hat gesagt…

Thanks for the heads-up about this one. I picked up a copy of Pearls when it came out & really enjoyed the entire vibe. I was just listening to it last night & thinking how much I enjoyed it. Heading over to bandcamp to give this a listen & probably purchase it there.