Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2023

Karaoke

 


At the end of this week, I overcame all the bureaucratic hurdles and submitted my application for a pension, which was also accepted by the competent authority for further processing. This means that my professional life will be over by the middle of the year and I can now start thinking about how I can make good use of all the free time I have. Knowing that it will be a hard break to leave behind habits acquired over more than 40 years, I am looking forward to this day. I'll probably spend a lot of time working more intensively on music and keeping this blog alive. Until then, I will enjoy the new freedom and take a more relaxed approach to the work that lies ahead. 

Today's song is by an artist I didn't know until I heard her song. Viji is a young musician with Austrian and Brazilian roots currently living in London. With Karaoke, which came about at the end of a session when she more or less uninspired tried out some bass lines, she hangs on to a trend that puts guitar-heavy sounds in the foreground. In the beginning there is a pumping, distorted bass which is successively joined by clear guitar riffs and drums to accompany Viji's lascivious voice. Definitely a song that should be heard.



3 Kommentare:

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Good work on sorting your pension out Walter.

JC hat gesagt…

Walter.....I was lucky enough to obtain an early retirement from my job almost four years ago. I don't miss work, but I do sometimes miss the people who had been part of my everyday life for so many years, but I have no regrets about the decision - and I know you will be the same!

For one thing, it will free you up to travel around even more. Hope you can make it over again to Scotland.

middle aged man hat gesagt…

I was able to retire almost 2 years ago and its great, 'my mantra is if I am not enjoying myself so something else'

Good luck and enjoy yourself