Dienstag, 29. September 2020

Summertime Blues Once Again

 


This week I don't spent time in office because in my last holidays a few weeks ago I got sick and my company told me to reduce my holiday entitlements for this year. I have nothing planned for vacation only to visit a few areas around my hometown once again. So I am sure that I will find some time to check my inbox from commercials accumulated during the last months. Most of them can be deleted but a few are worth to be checked out. One of them was the announcement that Reykjavik's psych-rockers Singapore Sling release their new album Good Sick Fun. Checking the playlist I was astonished to see that they covered Eddie Cochran's Summertime Blues. I expected nothing because I listened to many cover versions before. But this one is different to all. They reduced the speed of the original to a minimum, added some psychedelic guitars and the lyrics were almost spoken in a tempered mood. That is the way a cover version should be. The other songs are also not bad in their reduced psych mood but all in all the repeat the same pattern too often.

Keine Kommentare: