Freitag, 8. November 2019

Rumble And More In Brighton

Bildergebnis für stray cats

It was 40 years ago when my musical preferences changed massive into an new sound that was raw, fast and new when a band appeared that really confused me. Stray Cats from from the melting pot of these days moved to Britain with their own interpretation of classic Rock 'n' Roll in the tradition of Eddie Cochran and Gene Vincent and met another addicted one by the name of Dave Edmunds who produced their first album. It was a kind of shock when we listened to their old fashioned music but most of us agreed to their music in these days. It was not another ride on the best of the early days of rock, it was transformation of good old music into the nowaday scene. I remember a lot of greasers moved from their cellars into the streets celebrating their music and I have to admit that I loved their music back then and now because I move back to rockabilly from time to time.

Stray Cats - Rumble in Brighton
Stray Cats - Rock This Town
Stray Cats - Ubangi Stomp

3 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Stray Cats reminds me of my earliest days working in a record shop. They were one of the bands that we'd played at deafening volume while we cleared up after closing the store in the evening.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

My brother remains a huge fan - he saw them in Birmingham a few months ago

Jez hat gesagt…

There's a 40th anniversary anthology about to hit the racks - if it hasn't already - which will fill in any holes anyone might have (I include myself in that)in The Cats' back catalogue