Samstag, 16. Februar 2019

The Riverside Hotel

Bildergebnis für eriksson delcroix

Some new music on Saturday by Eriksson Delcroix from their latest album The Riverside Hotel. I was introduced to this band by another recommendation on my weekly new music list on Spotify. It was La Danse De Mardi Gras that made want to investigate for more. I have to agree that I have a big sympathy for Zydeco music but I am far away to call myself a huge fan. The Riverside Hotel in Clarkesdale/Mississippi was famous when blues legends like Muddy Waters or Howlin Wolf stayed when they toured in the South. The music of this record is bound on blues schemes but without boundaries they crawl tho landscapes of African voodoo, native American rituals and French Louisiana settler's sounds as well. Listening to this songs you can imagine how good they will work during an American BBQ beside a campfire and the artists seemed to have a lot of fun playing these songs. The more I was astonished that this band is a collaboration of the Antwerp, Belgium.based couple Bjorn Eriksson and Nathalie Delcroix. It seems like they absorbed the best of country, folk and blues. And this is more than average for most new bands.


Keine Kommentare: