Samstag, 30. Juni 2018

Demos

Bildergebnis für graham nash

When I was on my way to the office yesterday Spotify brought new songs to my ears that was released during the last weeks. There were a few songs I will investigate for more and many I skipped after a few chords. Suddenly Teach Your Children appeared and I asked myself what is new on this song I know for ages? It was not the version I knew by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - it was a stripped down version by Graham Nash. After a few clicks on the internet I realised that Graham Nash released a best-of album this days with an additional disk with demos of their successful songs. CSN&Y was a band I used to listen often in my very younger days and I am still impressed about their harmony singing. I have to admit that I haven't any record by Graham Nash and I think that he is and underrated member of this quartet. Listening to this songs brings back memories of the past and according to  Brian's words yesterday it is like an old friend coming. There should be no discussion if the original or the demos are better. Listening to songs that are reduced to the limit you will often see the beauty and potential of the songs.

Graham Nash - Teach Your Children
Graham Nash - Marrakesh Express
Graham Nash - Right Between The Eyes

Keine Kommentare: