Mittwoch, 18. November 2015

Live Adventures


Back in 1977 the punk explosion arrived in my town. Me and a few lads were infected by this new sound. It was hard to get the records in our regular stores and we had to drive to the next bigger town. We found a small record store we could trust on. Mike, the owner deserved us with the newest singles and albums in this genre. As most of you I spent a lot of my time hanging around in his store and later we played football together. But this is another story. One day he told me that he has got some tickets for The Clash concert in Munich as a promotion gift from the record company and he asked me if I was interested to go there. It was no question - I said yes give me the tickets. So me and three other mates went on a rainy Oktober 1977 afternoon to Munich to see the show. We arrived with our head full of ideas how the show would be. Our expectations were more than fulfilled. The concert didn't last more than almost one hour. But I've never seen any performance like this before. I was overwhelmed by their phisical presence and the power (especially Joe Strummer) had at this evening. It was filmed by German television and I found this little gem a few days ago. Let's go back to these times and enjoy it as much as I did.


4 Kommentare:

drew hat gesagt…

Great story Walter. I really wish I had seen the Clash.

The Swede hat gesagt…

You saw The Clash in '77? Walter, I salute you. I didn't see them for the first time until 1978, but I did manage a further 21 times between then and 1983. As a popular phrase had it at the time, 'The Clash - the only band that matters'.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Its a great clip. I'd love to have seen the Clash. My biggest musical regret.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Saw them once at the Apollo in Glasgow. Clearly an age thing with Drew and SA being young things!