Montag, 16. November 2015

Held It


When I came home from my walk in the wood I made me another cup of coffee and checked out some e-mails. In one of them an old friend of mine informed me that he got the latest album by Zeus B. Held and supplied me some tracks. So I went to listen to them songs that was released decades ago.

Zeus B. Held is a German producer and musician known for his work from the 70s to the 90s. He was a long time member of the successful Krautrock band Birth Control playing keybords in these days. I remember seeing them live in my hometown playing in an old cinema when I was 14 or 15. I was impressed by the leading keybords that made this sound so unique. After he left the band he worked as a producer, session-musician, programmer and engineer in several German and French studios. He was also involved in the new wave as a producer for Nina Hagen and Spear Of Destiny. I think, he is always on the search of new sounds. So he experimentated with organ and vocoder sounds. This record contains selected tracks from his three albums released under his name. Some are sound still fresh but always unique. No music fore everyone but one for me (even if it was a nostalgia mood).

Zeus B. Held - Held it
Zeus B. Held - Sound trigger


3 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

You saw Birth Control Walter? Cool.

Walter hat gesagt…

Yes I did, Swede. it was in the mid 70s and we had some teacher which would like to show us some new music. Basicly raised in the late 60s and the student revolts in France and Germany in these times. I am glad that they introduced me to new music. I can remember a hour of musical education when our teacher played Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother and told us to paint our thoughts on a piece of paper. From this concert I was infected in music I use to listen to.

The Swede hat gesagt…

Your school sounds a lot more interesting than mine!