Montag, 26. Juni 2023

Monday's Long Song

 


While I was looking for something else in the internet I found out that George Benson covered Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit more than 50 years ago. It was one the first albums he made for his new record label CTI Records. On this album he covered various songs by Mamas And Papas and Michel Legrand. The reviews was disappointed by the jazz guitarist and the road he took to included Spanish elements into his music. I always had an affection to Benson because he was one of those guitar players who could play without overstatement like rock musicians often do. Throughout the last decades I always find a way back to him and his moody tunes.

George Benson - White Rabbit

1 Kommentar:

Khayem hat gesagt…

I've not heard that cover version before. Love it. Thanks, Walter!