Sonntag, 12. Januar 2020

Scarlet

Bildergebnis für the motorcycle boy scarlet"

Everything comes to an end and also my holiday. Since a few days I am back from my lasting for weeks hiatus. Had me a great time hanging out with friends, chilling and reading a couple of books that made me recover from the daily duties and I am ready to continue this little piece in the internet.

Last December The Motorcycle Boy released their first album Scarlet and I asked myself where and when I got aware to this band for the first time. The internet told me that this was a  band from Edinburgh formed in 1987 by former members of The Shop Assistants and Meat Whiplash and they were high on indie-charts with Big Rock Candy Mountain in these days. They released a few singles and produced their first album that was never released (band infighting, sacking and general mismanagement). Now Forgotten Astronauts Records procured the licence and released Scarlet. Their sound could be described as guitar based indie-pop and their songs full of great melodies and hooks were perfectly arranged and I ask myself why this album had never the release it deserves.

The Motorcycle Boy - Up Here
The Motorcycle Boy - Big Rock Candy Mountain
The Motorcycle Boy - Take Me For A Walk







1 Kommentar:

JC hat gesagt…

One of Scotland's great lost bands. I was lucky to see them a few times back in the 80s.

JC