Sonntag, 28. April 2013

The good, the bad and the ugly


It is Sunday and a day to recreate. The weather is not too bad but not so good that now I would absolutely outside. On the desk are letters and bills piling should be answered or paid. I should also make our tax return done. So many thing I should do and I ask myself this question: Where should I start and what is the most important?

And I gave myself an answer: fuck it! Most important thing is, that I can recreate and enjoy myself. So I went checked out my DVD's and found out one of my favorite Western movies.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is a 1966 Italian epic Spaghetti western film directed by Sergio Leone, starring Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Wallach in the title roles respectively.Ennio Morricone composed the famous film score, including its main theme. It is the third film in the Dollars Trilogy following A Fistful of Dollars (1964) and For a Few Dollars More (1965). The plot revolves around three gunslingers competing to find a fortune in buried Confederate gold amid the violent chaos of gunfights, hangings, American Civil War battles and prison camps.

I love this movie for his widescreen pictures, them mean faces of the actors and reducing the dialogs to a minimum. 

2 Kommentare:

drew hat gesagt…

Excellent film.

Try and seek out A Fistful of Guitars. It's a surf guitar tribute to Morricone, it's brilliant.

Just relax Walter, me I need to go do the weekly shop!!

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Morricone is ideal for a Sontag afternoon.