Donnerstag, 21. März 2024

I'm In The Mood



I have to admit that I am not very firm with blues and most of the nowadays artists are boring me. But the old black artists that made the blueprint of rhythm 'n' blues in the 60's are a place I come back from time to time. Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker are the names I play at my place sometimes when I am in the mood for it. John Lee Hooker released in 1989 an album filled with his kind of blues collaborated with artists like Carlos Santana, Bonnie Raitt and Gerorge Thorogood that stamped the sound of a short summer. With these musicians, he has created a small masterpiece that is undoubtedly timeless, integrating different styles into his very own sound. A special look back at an extraordinary album that has lost hardly any of its fascination. 

John Lee Hooker - I'm In The Mood

John Lee Hooker - Sally Mae

John Lee Hooker - The Healer

1 Kommentar:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

You can't go wrong with a bit of Mr Hooker