Montag, 18. März 2024

Monday's Long Song

 


I can't believe that I didn't featured Johnny Marr at this little place of the internet. Of course I named him several times especially when The Smiths were around. A few days ago I came back to his live album Adrenalin Baby from his tour in 2014/15 recorded at various venues in Manchester, Glasgow and Bristol. It is one of those live albums I always wished I could have been part of the crowd. 17 songs full of energy and enthusiasm and great versions of songs we all know by The Smiths. And it also shows Johnny's abilities of playing guitar. 

Johnny Marr - Playland

And as a bonus a live version of a song from a short lived project. In 1989 Marr and Bernard Sumner of New Order formed Electric an alternative dance band. The original was a song with a fantastic bass line and the voice of Neil Tennent made this an outstanding record of this time. That this song also works with a more guitar based sound is one of the highlights of this album.

Johnny Marr - Getting Away With It

1 Kommentar:

JC hat gesagt…

Myself and Aldo were at the Glasgow gig on that tour. It was a fine night, one of the few times when the sound at that particular venue was not a problem. I'm sure he also did a cover of 'Lust For Life' that night.....