Montag, 29. Januar 2024

Monday's Long Song

 


During my holiday I listened often to Cat Power's latest album Sings Dylan and discovered the beauty of this record. I can't explain why this album didn't appear in my end of the year list. Probably because I didn't listen intently to this versions of songs I knew for ages. The story of this record is shortly told. Chan Marshall was invited to play a concert in London's Royal Albert Hall and she decided to play the full set of Dylan's concert in Manchester where he was named as Judas because he played the second half of the set in an electric style. From this day on Dylan was free and released of the chains of pure folk music. Marshall did cover versions on several records before and made them a part of her own. And so it is on this live album. Without question she has an extraordinary voice that fits to Dylan's songs but seldom heard this songs in that emphatic and soulful way. 



2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

It's a great record Walter

The Swede hat gesagt…

Lovely version.