Dienstag, 19. Mai 2020

Purchased (Not Only) By The Cover

The Human League - Reproduction (1979, Vinyl) | Discogs

One of the first synth-pop album I purchased was Reproduction by The Human League in 1979 because it was part of a sampler called Who's Afraid Of The 80's featuring very new sounds by Talking Heads, The Ruts, XTC and The Human League. Empire State Human was a song I really played often at my place and I can't explain why I this kind of music became a part of me since. It was different to many others I used to hear and it introduced me into another kind of music. I think without them and their first album I didn't got aware to many other electronic and synth based bands that came after them.

The Human League - Empire State Human
The Human League - Morale .. / You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
The Human League - Zero As A Limit

3 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

A fantastic debut. I still have my original copy, something I wish I could say about a few other records from those days!

Johnny hat gesagt…

You might enjoy this version, if you haven't heard it before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6o3yCXzAo

JC hat gesagt…

A fantastic single.