Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2019

The Crack


Bildergebnis für ruts dc

It was in 1979 when amongst many other fantastic albums The Ruts released their first and groundbreaking album The Crack. It was very unique these days because they were one of the first that combined the speed and the enthusiasm of punk with reggae influences. This record was on heavy rotation 40 years ago at my place and I still love to hear this music. As I got the news that the rest of the original band (former forming member Paul Fox died too early at cancer) announced to play at my place to celebrate the 40 year anniversary of The Crack I was very excited to see them live again after decades. It was in a small club in Stuttgart last Friday and I have to say that they didn't lost their live attraction. Of course older and maybe wiser they played all the old songs we expected and some new ones. All in all they are still available to play a good set.



The Ruts - In A Rut (Peel Session)
The Ruts - Staring At The Rude Boys (Peel Session)

Keine Kommentare: