Montag, 2. Dezember 2019

Monday's Long Song

Bildergebnis für prince

In 1987 Prince released his masterpiece Sign O' The Times. Only sometimes I agree to critical acclaim to an album because it is often a kind of hype to me. But the many warm words to this album are more than correct and true. I loved this album from the first time I listened to it.. I don't know any album from the late 80's that stood the test of time like this. Prince was at the height of his songwriting abilities and less double albums are worth to be listened in a row. His way of combining  different kind of music influences like electro-funk, soul, psychedelic rock, gospel, blues and folk is still unmatched.

Prince - It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Not a track I immediately go to when playing the album. Good to hear it again Walter.