Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2018

Red Sun

Bildergebnis für monument valley

1988 was a year that was dominated by bands playing a guitar dominated sound. The Pixies released Surfer Rosa, fIREHOSE If'n, Sonic Youth Daydream Nation and Dinosaur Jr Bug. All records that was played at my home for many times at these days and I came back to them the recent days. A band that is seldom named with those bands is Thin White Rope, formed in California in the early 80's by Guy Kyser and Jozef Becker. Their music is stamped what many people called later Americana but I will name it classic blues influenced desert rock. Listening to this music again it is like driving on a highway through extinct countryside. This kind of music was seldom made by bands right now and therefore I have to get back to originals.

Thin White Rope - Red Sun

2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Great selection Walter. I was lucky enough to see many of those American guitar bands in the mid-1980s, but not Thin White Rope. I loved them then, though haven't played any of their stuff for too long a time - Guy Kyser's voice is a true one-off.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

You probably wont be surprised to know that I like this Walter