Samstag, 28. Januar 2017

The Last Waltz

Bildergebnis für the band the last waltz

More than 40 years ago The Band gave their farewell concert in San Francisco. It was filmed by Martin Scorsese and made a documentary out of it. I watched this movie in my very younger days and I didn't understand the hype they made out of it. They named this film one of the best concert films ever. For me it was only a collection of fossils from another era. Years later I owned the record and watched this film with very different eyes. Not only The Band at the hight of their times - there were artists that had real fun playing at this venue. And classic songs as well.











1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

One of the very best rock music films. I saw it at the cinema in 1978 or 79 and it introduced me to a ton of great artists.