Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2016

Live Music In German Television

Bildergebnis für robert gordon and link wray

Back in 1978 a collaboration between Link Wray and Robert Gordon was shown on TV. Robert Gordon got his first merits as a member of the punk rock bank Tuff Darts showed up in the 70's at CBGB's. Years later he turned into rockabilly and old school Rock 'n' Roll and made a collaboration with the legendary guitar player Link Wray who is famous for it is effective work on guitar sound. This is a footage I remember darkly seeing it the first time. Right now I think it is a classic collaboration that still works decades later.


2 Kommentare:

Echorich hat gesagt…

I love Tuff Darts! They were one of the first bands I ever saw live. They were part of the CBGB's/Max's Kansas City scene that I discovered as a teenager. Rock & Roll without pretensions. Rock and Roll that was just fun! I was too young to have seen Gordon front the band and Tommy Frenzy had replaced him by then, but Robert Gordon was already playing solo in many of the same venues in NYC and was also part of my teen live music experience. In fact his motorcycle jacket, plaid shirt and rolled up jeans look became one of my late teen identities. Never could master the slicked back duck bill hairdo though...

Walter hat gesagt…

Never seen Tuff Darts live as well and I can imagine about your little worries about copy his hairstyle when you're not able to, Echorich. I hadn't the possibilities like you in the late 70's/early 80's but I took every chance to see my heroes live.