Freitag, 1. Juli 2016

Girls Of 1926

Bildergebnis für vintage summer

It is about a year ago when I first noticed Chorusgirl in my in-box. From the first time I listened to their sound I fell in love with their sound. Chorusgirl is a German/English collaboration formed a few years ago. What made me love them was that they combine a lot of influences from the last decades. Mastermind and singer/songwriter Silvi Wersing takes some surf sounds and combines it with the sound of Cure and JAMC. Spindly bass lines, catchy hooks and guitar riffs sharp as knives. Seldom heard a band that combined post-punk with pop like them. As far as I know they are on a road to get better known month by month. For me it is still a record that will company me during the summer.


2 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

I first heard of Chorusgirl thanks to you Walter. The album is immensely listenable, some really good tunes on there. Old school girl-fronted indie.

The Swede hat gesagt…

I missed them first time around Walter - good sounds.