Samstag, 8. Februar 2020

No Go

Bildergebnis für cleaners from venus

Another obscure song from the late 80's by a band that was just a little jigsaw piece in independent music. Martin Newell is an English singer-songwriter, author and poet who lead the Cleaners From Venus and a pioneer in the DIY-scene. I always had much sympathies to his songs to which I come back from time to time. It's not spectacular what he made but I still like what I heard decades ago.

The worst thing about playing in the second league is that the games starts at 1 p.m. and I have to leave home in the morning to meet the lads before it starts. Usually I come home four hours later and the whole day is almost gone. So I have to arrange everything I ought to do for the weekend in a small time slot. Anyway, this is the price I have to pay for a seasonal ticket. Today we play against Aue, a team that is close behind us in the table. But I am optimistic for a win after I saw what my team is able although they lost in the cup this week.

Cleaners From Venus - No Go (For Louis Macneice)

Keine Kommentare: