Mittwoch, 12. September 2018

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Bildergebnis für gefangen der fall k

A few days ago I have had a look at a TV film which is based on a true story. Beginning of this millennium a man was sent on account of different certificates by the psychiatrists who had never seen him partly in a closed institution and had released only after several years on account of a law change again. A horrible story that made me ashamed to our justice. During the movie always a piano version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood appeared and I couldn't get the song out of my mind. So here are some versions of this great song for your pleasure.

Nina Simone - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
The Animals - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Joe Cocker - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Brian Auger and Julie Tippet - Don't Let Me Be Missunderstood
Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Missunderstood
Elvis Costello - Don't Let Me Be Missunderstood

2 Kommentare:

Brian hat gesagt…

I have always loved Costello's scratchy-throated delivery of this song, but tonight I'm taken with Nina Simone's passion.

drew hat gesagt…

I love this song and all of those versions are great but the Animals and the Santa Esmeralda are my favourites