Samstag, 2. Februar 2013

I was inspired



Got up this morning with nothing special on my mind. During the breakfast I have had a look at the publications of my  favored blogs. Not for the first time I followed the words of Swiss Adam with a smile. I was impressed about to read in a small post about Fred Perry, The Teardrop Explodes, Wyndham Lewis and vorticism.

From somewhere in the deep of my brain I remembered Wyndham Lewis as a writer early last century in connection with other authors as for example Ezra Pound. Until now I didn't knew that he was also a famous painter creating a very own style called vorticism. Influenced by Cubism and combined with Futurism it was the big thing in these days. So the next hours I spent surfing around watching painted pictures in the web and listening to some music.

Now I go to my bookshelf and grab me a book that might be comparable to Mr. Lewis. In fact that I have no written word from him I'll get me next week something to explore.

Todays tracks are from Black Grape. The band was formed more than 30 years ago by the former member of the Happy Mondays Shaun Ryder.

Cheers, enjoy and have a good weekend

Reverend Black Grape

Kelly' Heroes


1 Kommentar:

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Thanks Walter. Nice to spread the word.