Sonntag, 10. Februar 2013

Songs the Lord taught us, # 6




As already in different blogs posted My Bloody Valentine have published during these days after 21 years, finally, a new album. Because they are my heroes of the past, I have got myself a copy although I was not sure whether they could hold her class. But I didn't have to worry - they held their quality. It was on heavy rotation on my way to and from work. This was for me an occasion to look in my collection for music which is similar of those of MBV and which I have heard at that time in the same context. Then an album fell to me in the hands which has become a classic for me: The Jesus and the Mary Chain - Psycho Candy. I still love their fuzzy feedback sound combined with great harmonies. Here's a track that shows their genius.

Enjoy an have a good week people.

You trip me up

1 Kommentar:

drew hat gesagt…

Listened to Psychocandy in it's entirety this morning. Used to do this regularly on a Sunday before the kids came along. A glorious noise!