Montag, 1. April 2024

Monday's Long Song

 


It is April and a quarter of the year is behind us. I was thinking about a song for this month and my first thought was April Sky but decided that I should go for another song because many others would post this song by JAMJ. So I came back to a song from 1969 by a band I listened very often in my young men's days. Deep Purple released this song on their third album and marked a shift away from their progressive roots to hard rock. This song is also an example how Jon Lord tried to combine rock music with classic music. April is a three-part classic rock suite starting with an organ and Blackmore on an acoustic guitar to give over the command in the second section to a chamber orchestra and finishing with hard rock. An example how good this collaboration could work.

Deep Purple - April

Keine Kommentare: