Sonntag, 10. September 2023

In The Neighborhood

 


In The Neighborhood shuffled up during the last days on my mobile phone and made me listen to Tom Waits' second album Swordfishtrombones once again. Once again I couldn't believe that this record is 40 years old. I remember when I bought this record in autumn 1983 only because I enjoyed his ballad Jersey Girl on his album before. And I wasn't disappointed about Swordfishtrombones. It is an album that shows Tom's ability of storytelling in short songs. Mainly most of the songs are based on blues and rhythm and blues pattern and added with jazzy and piano moods. This was a highlight of his output and beaten by his next record Rain Dogs.

Tom Waits - In The Neighborhood

Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombone

Tom Waits - Franks Wild Years

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Swordfishtrombones was such a turning point in Tom's career. I enjoyed his early records, but from this point on his music is on another level. And I agree with you Walter, Rain Dogs is even better!